This Lord’s Day, we began using the new Trinity Psalter Hymnal, thanks to an anonymous donor from Immanuel’s United Reformed Church in Salem, Oregon. So I introduced this new songbook with a sermon from Psalm 118. I also discussed the new features and differences with the old Blue Psalter Hymnal during our Sunday School and before the worship service. A few did not like the changes, but Lord willing, everyone will get used to it. Change is always a process.
So here’s the bulletin using the new song numbers and page numbers. Download this bulletin (PDF).
Welcome and Announcements
* At this symbol, all those who are able, please stand.
WE ENTER GOD’S PRESENCE
Silent Meditation in Preparation for Worship Habakkuk 2:20
* Call to Worship: Psalm 92:1-4
* Invocation: Psalm 121:1–2
Minister: I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come?
People: My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth.
* God’s Greeting: 1 Corinthians 1:2-3
* Opening Prayer
* Song of Praise: It is Good to Sing Your Praises #92B:1-3
WE CONFESS OUR SIN
Reading of God’s Will: Colossians 3:12-17
Prayer of Confession
O Lord our God, we come to You as Your sons and servants, confessing that
we were born in sin and have continued in sin. We have broken Your
commandments. We have fallen short of Your glory. We have not loved You
with all our heart, mind, soul and strength. We have not loved our neighbor
as ourselves. We acknowledge our guilt. We rightly fall under Your curse
and judgment. Blot out our transgressions, wash us from our iniquities.
Forgive our sins and cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Have mercy upon
us, O Lord, in Jesus’ name. Amen.
Promise of Forgiveness: Hebrews 2:10-12
WE RESPOND WITH THANKSGIVING
* Song of Thanksgiving: O God, Our Help in Ages Past #222:1-4, 7 (from Psalm 90)
Reading of the Creed: Westminster Confession of Faith 21:1, 5 (p. 932)
Congregational Prayer (ending in The Lord’s Prayer)
Offerings: (Guests, please feel under no compulsion to give.) Psalm 116:12-14
WE HEAR GOD’S WORD
Scripture Readings: Psalm 118; Matthew 26:30-32
Minister: The Word of the Lord.
People: Thanks be to God!
Prayer for Illumination
Sermon: JESUS OR PSALM-SINGING WORSHIP LEADER
Prayer of Application
WE LEAVE TO SERVE
* Hymn of Commitment: The Glorious Gates of Righteousness #118B:1, 3-5
* Benediction: Lord, Dismiss Us with Your Blessing #562:1-2 (from Numbers 6:24-26; Psalm 63:1-2)
* Doxology: Gloria Patri (Glory Be to the Father) #572