© September 2016 by Nollie Malabuyo * Download this article (PDF)
The goal of these interfaith services is to bring greater awareness to how all paths lead to the same God. ~ quote from above image
Christianity is totally distinct from other religions such as Judaism, Islam, Hinduism and Buddhism in these ten beliefs:
1. God is a Trinity—one God in Three Persons, Father, Son and Holy Spirit (Matt 28:19; 2 Cor 13:14). All Three Persons are of the same essence, without beginning or end, almighty, and all-knowing (Eph 4:4-6; John 1:1, 14:9, 15:26).
2. This Trinitarian God created heaven and earth out of nothing. God the Father spoke “Let there be…” through God the Son, and the Holy Spirit created all living and non-living things, including human beings (Gen 1:1-2).
3. All human beings were created perfectly good, but became sinful by nature because of the fall of Adam into sin. Sin is the root of all suffering and corruption in the world (Rom 5:12-21). Death is also the result of sin (Rom 6:23), and happens only once, and then the Final Judgment (Heb 9:27).
4. The Son of God willingly came down from heaven to assume human flesh and blood as the man Jesus by being born of a human mother. Since he was conceived by the Holy Spirit, his Father is God in heaven (Luke 1:31-35). Therefore, Jesus is both fully God (Col 1:15-19) and fully human (Heb 4:15).
5. This Jesus willingly offered his body and blood on the cross as a sacrifice for all the sins of all who will believe in him (Heb 9:12, 10:10).
6. On the third day after his crucifixion, Jesus rose from his tomb, (Matt 28:6; Acts 10:41), and after 40 days, ascended back into heaven (Acts 1:9; Eph 4:10), where he is now seated at the right hand of God the Father (Eph 1:20; 1 Pet 3:22).
7. Salvation is through faith alone in Christ alone, who gave himself as a sacrifice for all the sins of all believers (Heb 9:12, 10:10). Faith alone in Jesus is the only way to heaven (Eph 2:8-9; Gal 3:11).
8. All those who believe in Christ as the Savior who is fully God and fully human will dwell in heaven forever (1 John 2:22; 2 John 7). All those who don’t will suffer in eternal hell (Dan 12:2; John 5:28-29).
9. All of these doctrines were revealed by God to man through the Holy Scriptures consisting of the Old and New Testaments. This Holy Bible was written by God through the Holy Spirit superintending its human writers. Therefore, the Bible is the only inspired, inerrant and infallible Word of God (2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:20-21)
10. And in opposition to most other religions, Jesus preached, “Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you” (Matt 5:44; Rom 12:20).
None of these teachings are taught by any other religion in the world. Therefore, it is entirely impossible that Christians and other religions share the same faith.